Yesterday St. Francis Center hosted its 2nd-Annual Homeless Connect Day on Hope Street in partnership with Mayor Eric Garcetti’s Office of Public Engagement and the SPA 6 Coalition.
- 243 guests received a free brunch on site including coffee, pancakes, eggs, and bacon
- Over 20 Los Angeles agencies provided homeless individuals with access to resources including housing, shelter, medical, nursing and dental care, Hepatitis A and flu vaccinations, case management, haircuts, showers and much more!
- 25 volunteers were #ServingHope and personally assisting guests in finding the proper resources for their needs
- 18 guests received dental services
- 54 Hepatitis A shots and 61 flu shots were administered
- 14 guests received housing case management
- 37 guests received haircuts
- 19 guests received California DMV ID cards at no cost
- 25+ guests received showers, clean underwear and socks
St. Francis Center’s 2nd-Annual Homeless Connect Day provided a one-stop shop for homeless guests to access a variety of community resources all in one spot. Helping the homeless find the right resources is an important part of ending the cycle of poverty for those in need.
A great big thank you to our partner agencies, staff and everyone involved for making this event a success!
Help us continue our mission to feed, serve and walk with the poor as a community of hope, by making a donation now!