Wishing you great times, good cheer, and a memorable new year.
All of us at St. Francis Center want to thank you for your support this past year. We couldn’t do it without you!
A look back on SFC’s 2019!
2019 was a very successful year for St. Francis Center!
We helped more guests than ever before.
Some highlights include:
- Provided 100,000 meals to our homeless guests, and over 30,000 grocery visits to our extremely low-income families.
- Provided over 3,000 showers to our homeless guests.
- Provided resource services to over 1,300 guests and one-on-one case management to 50 guests.
- Launched new satellite pantries at Homeboy Industries and Hubert Humphrey Health Center.
- Partnered with Lyft through the Grocery Access Pilot Program. We now have over 300 families and individuals signed up to received reduced fares to and from our pantry program.
- Sent almost 300 youth from the families of our pantry program to summer camp at Camp Whittle in Big Bear, Camp Bob Waldorf in Glendale, and day camps/summer activities at the center.
- Raised 50% more than last year through our 9th-Annual Friends of St. Francis Center event.
- Built a second, walk-in fridge to help us increase our capacity to rescue more food and distribute it to our community in need.
- Hosted our annual Fall Festival for more than 40 families/ 200 children in our pantry program.
- Our wonderful volunteers served over 24,000 hours.
We can not thank our donors, volunteers, and partner organizations enough for helping us fulfill our mission to feed, serve, and walk with the poor as a community of hope in the spirit of Saint Francis of Assisi.
Here’s to another year of Serving Hope!