Please meet one of our super volunteers, Lou (Ludwig)! Lou started volunteering this past September, and has been a regular volunteer during our breakfast program.
Lou decided to start volunteering at SFC because he was hoping to give back to his community with a local nonprofit, specifically an organization with Franciscan roots. He found out about SFC online, and after reading about the work that was being done to serve the poor and homeless, he knew he wanted to be a part of SFC’s work.
“I wanted the opportunity to work face-to-face with the poor and homeless in the community, offer them hope, and let them know that they are loved through the simple gestures of providing for their material needs and offering a listening ear and a welcoming smile.”
Lou’s favorite parts about volunteering at SFC are getting to know our guests and hearing their stories, as well as working with his fellow volunteers and SFC staff and being inspired by their charity.
“I am so impressed by the degree of gratitude that the guests express to SFC, and the selflessness and sense of family that they demonstrate to one another.”
In his free time, Lou likes to hike, work on his Spanish skills, and camp with his wife and four sons!
We are in need of volunteers!
– Tuesday, February 26: Breakfast (7:00-9:30am, 5 volunteers)
– Wednesday, February 27: Breakfast (7:00-9:30am, 5 volunteers)
– Wednesday, February 27: Pantry (9:30am-12:30pm, 5 volunteers)
– Thursday, February 28: Breakfast (7:00-9:30am, 4 volunteers)
– Thursday, February 28: Pantry (9:30am-12:30pm, 5 volunteers)
– Friday, March 1: Senior Pantry (9:30am-1:00pm, 5 volunteers)
If you are interested in Serving Hope, contact Danielle, firstname.lastname@example.org or 213.747.5347 x 111.